2016 ’Christian Party’ Presidential Candidate Calls for More God & Family, Less LGBT Rights
Move over Michele Bachmann, "crazy" has a new face!
The owner of a professional engineering consulting firm and author of a book about prayer has announced his candidacy for the 2016 presidential race, running on a platform that would do away with separation of church and state, enforce mandatory Bible study and Christian parenting classes, essentially ban abortion, limit divorce and do away with equal protections for LGBT citizens.
According to a press release published on his website:
Darrell Trigg, P.E. has declared that he is a candidate for the 2016 election for the President of The United States of America. Although he will be listed as an "Independent" candidate, he intends to eventually form a new political party, The Christian Party. [..]
Darrell felt God’s calling to develop the campaign platform three years ago, and due to the encouraging response that he received from his wife and God’s inspiration, he has been working on forming this campaign since then.
The main objectives of his campaign are :
• To bring honor and glory to God.
• To turn this nation back to the Christian principles upon which it was founded.
• To help lead millions to a personal relationship with God.
• To bring jobs back to this country in industries such as furniture manufacturing, textile mills that make clothes and other goods, and other industries.
• To establish the Christian religion as the national religion.
• To protect marriage, the family, and the home.
• To use the Bible as a guideline for the moral principles of this nation.
• To have a nation that honors God.
Not surprisingly, Trigg’s user-conservative Christian manifesto states, "Homosexuality will not be recognized legally, or in any other manner, by the United States government or any state, city, or county government."
This lack of recognition will essentially do away with any anti-LGBT discrimination legislation.